Обсуждение: Replication with PostgreSQL

Replication with PostgreSQL

От
prakash sompura
Дата:
Hi
Can any one tell me how do I replicate my PostgreSql database from one
server to another server?

Prakash

Re: Replication with PostgreSQL

От
Christopher Browne
Дата:
After a long battle with technology, prakash@ritvi.com (prakash sompura), an earthling, wrote:
> Can any one tell me how do I replicate my PostgreSql database from
> one server to another server?

One method involves using pg_dump to dump the state out, and load it
onto the other server.  Certainly this is the simplest way to do a one
point in time replication.

Another involves using the PG 8.0 "PITR" (Point In Time Recovery)
facility.

If you want the replica to be relatively up to date and usable more or
less continuously as a queryable replica, then you should look into
one or another of the replication systems.  Slony-I is the "hot name"
at this point...
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('cbbrowne','gmail.com').
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html

Re: Replication with PostgreSQL

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 22:33 -0500, Christopher Browne wrote:
> After a long battle with technology, prakash@ritvi.com (prakash sompura), an earthling, wrote:
> > Can any one tell me how do I replicate my PostgreSql database from
> > one server to another server?

You can use Mammoth Replicator or Slony.

Replicator can be found here:

http://www.commandprompt.com/

Slony can be found here:

http://www.slony.info

Replicator is easier to setup and manage but it is not free.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., Your PostgreSQL solutions company. 503-667-4564
Custom programming, 24x7 support, managed services, and hosting