Обсуждение: Re-initialize pg_hba.conf file?

Re-initialize pg_hba.conf file?

От
David Wagoner
Дата:
Is there a way to have Postgres re-read the pg_hba.conf file while the
database is up and running (i.e., no restarting)?  Perhaps using
SIGHUP?

I added a user entry to the pg_hba.conf file and cannot bounce the database.

thanks,

david

Re: Re-initialize pg_hba.conf file?

От
"Jason Minion"
Дата:
pg_ctl reload [ -s ] [ -D datadir ]

You might want to check man page on pg_ctl, it's very useful!

               http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: Re-initialize pg_hba.conf file?

От
Miroslav Šulc
Дата:
David Wagoner wrote:

>Is there a way to have Postgres re-read the pg_hba.conf file while the
>database is up and running (i.e., no restarting)?  Perhaps using
>SIGHUP?

I think you're right with the SIGHUP. In my init script from Gentoo
there is option to reload (which I think is the same):
su - $PGUSER -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl reload -D '$PGDATA' -s"

>I added a user entry to the pg_hba.conf file and cannot bounce the database.
>
>thanks,
>
>david

Miroslav

Вложения

Re: Re-initialize pg_hba.conf file?

От
David Wagoner
Дата:
Ah, my Sys. Admin. tells me this is the easiest way and it won't
restart the database instance:

kill -HUP postmaster_pid

-david