Обсуждение: another admin ?

another admin ?

От
Gaurav Arora
Дата:
Hi all

     Is it possible to create another administrator
for PostgreSQL server ? I am using Postgres 7.4.6

thanks in advance !
regards
Gaurav Arora

Re: another admin ?

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 12:49, Gaurav Arora wrote:
> Hi all
>
>      Is it possible to create another administrator
> for PostgreSQL server ? I am using Postgres 7.4.6

Yep.  Any user with authority to create new users is an administrator
(or more commonly a "superuser")

Re: another admin ?

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 10:49:20AM -0800, Gaurav Arora wrote:

>      Is it possible to create another administrator
> for PostgreSQL server ? I am using Postgres 7.4.6

See the documentation for createuser, CREATE USER, and the "User
Attributes" section in the "Database Users and Privileges" chapter:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/app-createuser.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/sql-createuser.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/user-attributes.html

--