Обсуждение: Re: [SQL] Postgres schema comparison.

Re: [SQL] Postgres schema comparison.

От
Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com
Дата:
Are you just synching the schemas, or do you also need to synch the data?

Rick

                      John DeSoi

                      <desoi@pgedit.com>         To:       Stef <svb@ucs.co.za>

                      Sent by:                   cc:       pgsql-ADMIN@postgresql.org, pgsql-sql@postgresql.org

                      pgsql-sql-owner@pos        Subject:  Re: [SQL] [ADMIN] Postgres schema comparison.

                      tgresql.org

                      03/07/2005 07:39 AM

On Mar 7, 2005, at 4:33 AM, Stef wrote:

> I have the wonderful job of re-synch'ing  all the schemas out there not
> conforming to the master. I've looked everywhere for something that
> will help doing this. I'm specifically looking for a way to do a
> sumcheck
> or something similar on tables and/or schema as a whole to be able to
> do a table comparison with the master database.

Develop a function that builds a string describing the tables/schemas
you want to compare. Then have your function return the md5 sum of the
string as the result. This will give you a 32 character value you can
use to determine if there is a mismatch.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

Re: [SQL] Postgres schema comparison.

От
Stef
Дата:
Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com mentioned :
=> Are you just synching the schemas, or do you also need to synch the data?

Schemas now, data later.

To do the data part, I'm thinking of using slony, because it seems to be able to
do pretty much everything I need from that side. But, unfortunately I can't
even start fixing the data before the schemas aren't fixed.

Kind Regards
Stefan