Обсуждение: Database Name

Database Name

От
"Envbop"
Дата:
Hi

I've just inherited a PostgreSQL database, for which I do not have any
details of, like database name or the users.
This used to be a library database which was managed via a web page written
in php.
Its running on a Linux box.
The front end was also written in php. The original writers of this
application is no longer.

I've just started to get familiarisd with postgresql in the last week. and
have installed PostgreSQL v8.0.1 on a Windows server.
And I am trying to connect to the linux box via the phppgadmin tool. as well
as trying an odbc connection.

Can someone tell me where I can find the database names.

Re: Database Name

От
Dorian Büttner
Envbop wrote:

> Can someone tell me where I can find the database names.

login using psql and type \l ;-)

chances are you have root access to the linux box, then you could modify
pg_hba.conf to gain some access

Do you have any account information at all?

Re: Database Name

От
Bernt Andreas Drange
Дата:
On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 09:44 +1300, Envbop wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've just inherited a PostgreSQL database, for which I do not have any
> details of, like database name or the users.
> This used to be a library database which was managed via a web page written
> in php.
> Its running on a Linux box.
> The front end was also written in php. The original writers of this
> application is no longer.
>
> I've just started to get familiarisd with postgresql in the last week. and
> have installed PostgreSQL v8.0.1 on a Windows server.
> And I am trying to connect to the linux box via the phppgadmin tool. as well
> as trying an odbc connection.
>
> Can someone tell me where I can find the database names.

If you look at the php source code, you will find the database name,
user name and password that the php scripts use to connect to the
database.

That should be a good start.

If php uses odbc to connect, you might also check /etc/odbc.ini on the
linux box.

Good luck!

Bernt

Re: Database Name

От
"Greg Patnude"
Дата:
"Envbop" <rajib@envbopdotgovtdot.nz> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I've just inherited a PostgreSQL database, for which I do not have any
> details of, like database name or the users.
> This used to be a library database which was managed via a web page
> written
> in php.
> Its running on a Linux box.
> The front end was also written in php. The original writers of this
> application is no longer.
>
> I've just started to get familiarisd with postgresql in the last week. and
> have installed PostgreSQL v8.0.1 on a Windows server.
> And I am trying to connect to the linux box via the phppgadmin tool. as
> well
> as trying an odbc connection.
>
> Can someone tell me where I can find the database names.

FWIW:

phppgAdmin is a good interface if you ONLY have web-based access to the
database.... if you need a real functionality -- I recommend pgAdmin III  --
much more functional and feature rich with a better interface and the
ability to extract SQL the constructs used to create the tables, etc....

Re: Database Name

От
Dorian Büttner
Дата:
Goulet, Dick wrote:
> \l works fine in psql, but is there a table where this is stored in the data dictionary?

please stop cross posting
please stop e mailing
please stop tofu
please read the doc