Обсуждение: describe

describe

От
Zuoxin.Wang@kp.org

Does anyone know psql command for  'describe'.

I tried show, but it did not wok.

Thanks.

Jason

Re: describe

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Zuoxin.Wang@kp.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know psql command for  'describe'.

explain?

--
Command Prompt, Inc., your source for PostgreSQL replication,
professional support, programming, managed services, shared

Вложения

Re: describe

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 12:23:56PM -0800, Zuoxin.Wang@kp.org wrote:

> Does anyone know psql command for  'describe'.

It would be helpful if you explained what "describe" is supposed
to do.  Maybe you're looking for the \d family of commands in psql?
See also the "System Catalogs" and "The Information Schema" chapters
in the documentation (the latter in 7.4 and later).

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: describe

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Zuoxin.Wang@kp.org wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone know psql command for  'describe'.
>
> explain?

I believe describe is mysql equivalent to our \d* commands ... no?

----

Re: describe

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
>> Zuoxin.Wang@kp.org wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Does anyone know psql command for  'describe'.
>>

>> explain?
>

> I believe describe is mysql equivalent to our \d* commands ... no?

Beats me. The only command I know of mysql is:

rpm -e mysql-server

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., your source for PostgreSQL replication,
professional support, programming, managed services, shared
and dedicated hosting. Home of the Open Source Projects plPHP,
plPerlNG, pgManage,  and pgPHPtoolkit.
Contact us now at: +1-503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com

Вложения

Re: describe