Обсуждение: plperl loading

plperl loading

От
Marek Lewczuk
Дата:
Hi,
I've made some tests with plperl and I see that when plperl function is
executed for the first time, then it takes much more time. I know that
this is a "shared library" problem - is there a way to preload plperl
every connection or maybe I can build plperl into postgresql source ?

Thanks in advance.

ML

Re: plperl loading

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
Marek Lewczuk wrote:
> I've made some tests with plperl and I see that when plperl function is
> executed for the first time, then it takes much more time. I know that
> this is a "shared library" problem - is there a way to preload plperl
> every connection or maybe I can build plperl into postgresql source ?

See:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config.html
and search for "preload_libraries"

HTH,

Joe

Re: plperl loading

От
Marek Lewczuk
Дата:
Joe Conway napisał(a):
> Marek Lewczuk wrote:
>
>> I've made some tests with plperl and I see that when plperl function
>> is executed for the first time, then it takes much more time. I know
>> that this is a "shared library" problem - is there a way to preload
>> plperl every connection or maybe I can build plperl into postgresql
>> source ?
>

> See:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config.html
> and search for "preload_libraries"
Thanks Joe. This is what I was looking for.

ML