Обсуждение: Where is postgresql??

Where is postgresql??

От
Francisco Jose Bernabe Pellicer
Дата:
Hello everybody,

I have a computer with Scientific Linux. From a repository I downloaded
the packages rh-postgresql-* with the command apt-get install...  The
thing is that after installing all the packages, I cannot enable
postgresql, because there's no /etc/init.d/postgresql file (even not
/etc/init.d/rh-posgtresql file, or anything simmilar).

 From this page I followed the steps from the 7th one, since the
postgres user is automatically created:

http://sciense.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

I hope you have any idea of what's going on.

Cheers,

Francisco José Bernabé Pellicer
Grid System Technician
Técnicos del C.E.S.G.A
Centro de Supercomputación de Galicia www.cesga.es
Avda. de Vigo s/n (Campus Sur)
15706 Santiago de Compostela (La Coruña)
Spain

Re: Where is postgresql??

От
Geoffrey
Дата:
Francisco Jose Bernabe Pellicer wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a computer with Scientific Linux. From a repository I downloaded
> the packages rh-postgresql-* with the command apt-get install...  The
> thing is that after installing all the packages, I cannot enable
> postgresql, because there's no /etc/init.d/postgresql file (even not
> /etc/init.d/rh-posgtresql file, or anything simmilar).

Look for 'rhdb'  If that fails, the following will more than likely
locate it:

cd /etc/rc.d; find . -type f -print |xargs grep -l postmaster

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Re: Where is postgresql??

От
Francisco Jose Bernabe Pellicer
Дата:
Geoffrey escribió:

> Francisco Jose Bernabe Pellicer wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I have a computer with Scientific Linux. From a repository I
>> downloaded the packages rh-postgresql-* with the command apt-get
>> install...  The thing is that after installing all the packages, I
>> cannot enable postgresql, because there's no /etc/init.d/postgresql
>> file (even not /etc/init.d/rh-posgtresql file, or anything simmilar).
>

> Look for 'rhdb'  If that fails, the following will more than likely
> locate it:
>
> cd /etc/rc.d; find . -type f -print |xargs grep -l postmaster

Thanks a lot Geoffrey, I found it.