Обсуждение: pg_dump question

pg_dump question

От
"Andrei Bintintan"
Дата:
Hi to all,

If I create a table with create table and after that I modify the table(add some columns) in the dump the table is saved in the same way, I mean, in the dump first the table is created and after that the column is added.

Is there a possibility to dump the database and the table structure to be saved as "it is" or always it will be dumped as created and after that altered?

Andy.

Re: pg_dump question

Дата:
"Andrei Bintintan" <klodoma@ar-sd.net> writes:
> If I create a table with create table and after that I modify the =
> table(add some columns) in the dump the table is saved in the same way, =
> I mean, in the dump first the table is created and after that the column =
> is added.=20

I don't actually believe that --- simple inspection of the pg_dump
source shows that it can never emit an ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN command.

Can you give a concrete example of what you are talking about?

            regards, tom lane