Обсуждение: db rename

db rename

От
Jodi Kanter
Дата:
I thought there was an option to rename a database? I cannot seem to find the syntax in any of my books or on the web site. Am I incorrect? We are running 7.3.4. We have to bring our sytem down to upgrade the release this afternoon. There are a number of db changes taking place so I was thinking instead of taking the system down for an extended amount of time I could build another database with all our new items and then just rename it when we are ready.
Is there a rename option out there for our version?
thanks
Jodi
--

_______________________________
Jodi L Kanter

Re: db rename

От
Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Дата:
option<br/> by default its template1 , if you put the existing database name<br /> a replica of specified database is
cite="mid417CF897.1020701@virginia.edu"type="cite"></blockquote> I thought there was an option to rename a database? I
cannotseem to find the syntax in any of my books or on the web site. Am I incorrect? We are running 7.3.4. We have to
bringour sytem down to upgrade the release this afternoon. There are a number of db changes taking place so I was
thinkinginstead of taking the system down for an extended amount of time I could build another database with all our
newitems and then just rename it when we are ready.<br /> Is there a rename option out there for our version?<br />
/><preclass="moz-signature" cols="72">--

regds
Mallah.

Rajesh Kumar Mallah
| Tradeindia.com  (3,11,246) Registered Users         |
| Indias' Leading B2B eMarketPlace                  |
| <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.tradeindia.com/">http://www.tradeindia.com/</a>                |
</pre>

Re: db rename

От
"CHRIS HOOVER"
syntax is:

update pg_database set datname=<new_name> where datname=<old_name>;
checkpoint;

HTH,

Chris
------------------( Forwarded letter 1 follows )---------------------
I thought there was an option to rename a database? I cannot seem to
find the syntax in any of my books or on the web site. Am I incorrect?
We are running 7.3.4. We have to bring our sytem down to upgrade the
release this afternoon. There are a number of db changes taking place so
I was thinking instead of taking the system down for an extended amount
of time I could build another database with all our new items and then
just rename it when we are ready.
Is there a rename option out there for our version?
thanks
Jodi
--

_______________________________
Jodi L Kanter
BioInformatics Database Administrator
University of Virginia
(434) 924-2846
jkanter@virginia.edu <mailto:jkanter@virginia.edu100>

Вложения

Re: db rename

Дата:
Jodi Kanter <jkanter@virginia.edu> writes:
> I thought there was an option to rename a database?

No, but you could always do an UPDATE on pg_database.  It might be a
good idea to ensure there are no backends running in the target database
when you do the update.  (I think that recent releases wouldn't care
particularly, but I'm less sure about 7.3.4.)

            regards, tom lane