Обсуждение: sequence not set with pg_restore

sequence not set with pg_restore

От
Randall Smith
Дата:
I'm dumped a database on 7.4.0.3 using pg_restore -Fc mydb > mydb.dump.

I then restored it using pg_restore -d dwstest -U dba mydb.dump on
another server running 7.4.5-3.

After importing, all of the sequences are set to 0.  Did I miss a step?

Randall

Re: sequence not set with pg_restore

От
Randall Smith
Дата:
Randall Smith wrote:
> I'm dumped a database on 7.4.0.3 using pg_restore -Fc mydb > mydb.dump.
>
> I then restored it using pg_restore -d dwstest -U dba mydb.dump on
> another server running 7.4.5-3.
>
> After importing, all of the sequences are set to 0.  Did I miss a step?
>
> Randall
As a note, using pg_dump with plain text format does not have this
problem.  So is there a bug in the custom format?

Randall

Re: sequence not set with pg_restore

Дата:
Randall Smith <randall@tnr.cc> writes:
> As a note, using pg_dump with plain text format does not have this
> problem.  So is there a bug in the custom format?

Not in general, but feel free to show us a reproducible test case...

            regards, tom lane