Обсуждение: pg_dump/pg_restore trouble on win32

pg_dump/pg_restore trouble on win32

От
Tore Halset
Дата:
Hello.

I am running 8.0.0-beta3 on Mac OS X 10.3.5 and 8.0.0-beta2-dev3
(pginstaller) on windows 2000. I have two databases. The dumpfile
(format c) for database 1 is 150MB and the dumpfile for database 2 is
2GB.

Dumping the databases on the mac worked. I have loaded the dumpfiles in
another database on the mac. Everything is working.

Restoring the small database on the windows box is working, but the 2GB
database will not be restored :/ The rest of this mail is about the 2GB
database. Can it be possible that the command line utilities does not
handle files >= 2GB? This is the output from "ls -l" on the mac:
-rw-r--r--  1 halset  halset  2254827612 29 Sep 23:47 utvikling_cc.dump

Running pg_dump on the windows computer to dump from the database on
the mac over the local network leads to lots of warnings like this:
pg_dump: [custom archiver] WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected
position -- ftell used
pg_dump: [custom archiver] WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected
position -- ftell used

Trying to pg_restore the created dump does not work:
D:\Program\PostgreSQL\8.0-beta2-dev3\bin>pg_restore -U toretest -d
utvikling_cc
d:\temp\tore\d2
Password:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC Entry 1837; 0 0 COMMENT
SCHEMA public
  postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  must be
owner of sc
hema public
     Command was:
COMMENT ON SCHEMA public IS 'Standard public schema';
pg_restore: [custom archiver] error during file seek: Invalid argument

I have also tried to copy the dumpfile from the mac to the windows box
using samba. The dumpfile worked on the mac, but failed to load on the
windows box:

D:\Program\PostgreSQL\8.0-beta2-dev3\bin>pg_restore -U toretest -d
utvikling_cc
d:\temp\tore\utvikling_cc.dump
Password:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC Entry 1838; 0 0 COMMENT
SCHEMA public
  postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  must be
owner of sc
hema public
     Command was:
COMMENT ON SCHEMA public IS 'Standard public schema';
pg_restore: [custom archiver] error during file seek: Invalid argument

Regards,
  - Tore.

Re: pg_dump/pg_restore trouble on win32

От
Tore Halset
Дата:
On Oct 1, 2004, at 10:12, Tore Halset wrote:

> I am running 8.0.0-beta3 on Mac OS X 10.3.5 and 8.0.0-beta2-dev3
> (pginstaller) on windows 2000. I have two databases. The dumpfile
> (format c) for database 1 is 150MB and the dumpfile for database 2 is
> 2GB.
>
> Dumping the databases on the mac worked. I have loaded the dumpfiles
> in another database on the mac. Everything is working.
>
> Restoring the small database on the windows box is working, but the
> 2GB database will not be restored :/ The rest of this mail is about
> the 2GB database. Can it be possible that the command line utilities
> does not handle files >= 2GB? This is the output from "ls -l" on the
> mac:
> -rw-r--r--  1 halset  halset  2254827612 29 Sep 23:47 utvikling_cc.dump

I have now created a 8GB database (size of dumpfile) on windows and
successfully dumped and restored it. I still have not found a solution
to my problem, but it looks like it is not related to size.

  - Tore.