Обсуждение: Postgres SQL Monitor tool

Postgres SQL Monitor tool

От
Theo Galanakis

Is there a log file, or a method of logging all the SQL statements a postgres server processes. I can look at pg_stat_activity which tells me each postgres process and the current query running, however I wanted to see a log file, similar to SQL Servers Profiler, where I can capture all the SQL being run. I guess I could write some external process to poll the pg_stat_activity and collect current processors and SQL commands being run.

Theo

This email, including attachments, is intended only for the addressee
and may be confidential, privileged and subject to copyright. If you
have received this email in error, please advise the sender and delete
it. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not
use, copy or disclose its content to anyone. You must not copy or
communicate to others content that is confidential or subject to
copyright, unless you have the consent of the content owner.

Re: Postgres SQL Monitor tool

От
Lutz Steinborn
Дата:
Hi Theo,

yes you can log every SQL statement.
Just edit the postgresql.conf and delete the remark (#) from the following line:
#log_statement = false

Then restart postgres.

After this you can find every statement in the postgresql.log. On Gentoo you can
find this log in /var/lib/postgresql/data.

But keep in mind that logging every statement takes a lot of time.

Best regards
Lutz

--
Lutz Steinborn                   mailto:l.steinborn@4c-ag.de
4c AG                            Tel +49 6092 999592