Обсуждение: unable to add users

unable to add users

От
"Pradeepkumar, Pyatalo (IE10)"
Дата:
Hi all,
    I was just trying to add some users to my database....i followed the
createuser help and gave the following command
[root]#/usr/local/pgsql/bin/createuser -ADe epsadmin
I get the following error.....
createuser: could not connect to database template1: FATAL:  could not open
file "/usr/local/pgsql/data/global/1262": Permission denied

Any help on this really appreciable.

With Best Regards,
Pradeep Kumar P.J

Re: unable to add users

Дата:
"Pradeepkumar, Pyatalo (IE10)" <Pradeepkumar.Pyatalo@honeywell.com> writes:
> I get the following error.....
> createuser: could not connect to database template1: FATAL:  could not open
> file "/usr/local/pgsql/data/global/1262": Permission denied

Looks like you started the postmaster as the wrong user (ie, not the
account that owns the database files).

            regards, tom lane