Обсуждение: database vacuum

database vacuum

От
NH Lau
Дата:
Dear List,

I am using postgresql 7.2.1. I would like to know
whether we should vacuum the template1 and template0
database as well, in addition to the normal database
we created.

Your reply is very much appreciated.

Regards
Lau NH

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: database vacuum

Дата:
NH Lau <nhlau2k@yahoo.com> writes:
> I would like to know
> whether we should vacuum the template1 and template0
> database as well, in addition to the normal database
> we created.

template0 no --- in fact you wouldn't even be able to connect to it to
do so (and I do not recommend overriding the check that prevents that).

template1 yes.  You could skip this if you know that template1 has never
been modified since it was frozen ... but why assume that?

The vacuumdb script gets this right btw.

            regards, tom lane