Обсуждение: How to disconnect client from Server forcefully

How to disconnect client from Server forcefully

От
"bala srini"

Hi
  I want to disconnect all already established REMOTE DB connections from the server without restarting the Postmaster daemon. Requirement is that diconnect should be done from the server side. Actually I tried to kill the corresponding process(Remote Db connection) in the server. But server is automatically respawning the connection. Can you please help me out in this?

Regards
Srini.

Re: How to disconnect client from Server forcefully

От
"Olivier Hubaut"
Дата:
On 20 Aug 2004 12:05:47 -0000, bala srini <bala.srini@rediffmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>   I want to disconnect all already established REMOTE DB connections
> from the server without restarting the Postmaster daemon. Requirement is
> that diconnect should be done from the server side. Actually I tried to
> kill the corresponding process(Remote Db connection) in the server. But
> server is automatically respawning the connection. Can you please help
> me out in this?
>
> Regards
> Srini.

In fact, I think it's not the server that respawn the connection but
simply the client that make a new connection when it goes disconnected.
Can't you use any firewall to simply block remote connection on the
postmaster host (or simply on the 5432 port)?

--
Downloading signature ... 99%
*CRC FAILED*

Re: How to disconnect client from Server forcefully

От
"bala srini"

Thanks for ur reply...
Actually I can set the tcpipsocket option in postgresql.conf file to false. This will block all further remote connection to my server. But what will happen to already existing remote connection? I want to disconnect this also ..

Sorry I can't change the firewall settings...

Regards
Srini

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 Olivier Hubaut wrote :
>On 20 Aug 2004 12:05:47 -0000, bala srini <bala.srini@rediffmail.com>  wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>   I want to disconnect all already established REMOTE DB connections  from the server without restarting the Postmaster daemon. Requirement is  that diconnect should be done from the server side. Actually I tried to  kill the corresponding process(Remote Db connection) in the server. But  server is automatically respawning the connection. Can you please help  me out in this?
>>
>>Regards
>>Srini.
>>
>In fact, I think it's not the server that respawn the connection but  simply the client that make a new connection when it goes disconnected.  Can't you use any firewall to simply block remote connection on the  postmaster host (or simply on the 5432 port)?
>

>-- Downloading signature ... 99%
>*CRC FAILED*
>signature aborted

Re: How to disconnect client from Server forcefully

От
G u i d o B a r o s i o
Дата:
how do you kill the process?

Regards,
Guido

> > Thanks for ur reply...
> Actually I can set the tcpipsocket option in postgresql.conf file to false. This will block all further remote
connectionto my server. But what will happen to already existing remote connection? I want to disconnect this also .. �

> Sorry I can't change the firewall settings...
>
> Regards
> Srini
>
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 Olivier Hubaut wrote :
> >On 20 Aug 2004 12:05:47 -0000, bala srini <bala.srini@rediffmail.com>  wrote:
> >
> >>Hi
> >>  �I want to disconnect all already established REMOTE DB connections  from the server without restarting the
Postmasterdaemon. Requirement is  that diconnect should be done from the server side. Actually I tried to  kill the
correspondingprocess(Remote Db connection) in the server. But  server is automatically respawning the connection. Can
youplease help  me out in this?

> >>Regards
> >>Srini.
> >>
> >In fact, I think it's not the server that respawn the connection but  simply the client that make a new connection
whenit goes disconnected.  Can't you use any firewall to simply block remote connection on the  postmaster host (or
simplyon the 5432 port)?

> >-- Downloading signature ... 99%
> >*CRC FAILED*
> >signature aborted

Re: How to disconnect client from Server forcefully

От
G u i d o B a r o s i o
Дата:
Also,...

   how does the aplication performs the connection?
   Describe the enviroment please. (web, perl (Pg) -> db ie)

guido

> > Thanks for ur reply...
> Actually I can set the tcpipsocket option in postgresql.conf file to false. This will block all further remote
connectionto my server. But what will happen to already existing remote connection? I want to disconnect this also .. �

> Sorry I can't change the firewall settings...
>
> Regards
> Srini
>
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 Olivier Hubaut wrote :
> >On 20 Aug 2004 12:05:47 -0000, bala srini <bala.srini@rediffmail.com>  wrote:
> >
> >>Hi
> >>  �I want to disconnect all already established REMOTE DB connections  from the server without restarting the
Postmasterdaemon. Requirement is  that diconnect should be done from the server side. Actually I tried to  kill the
correspondingprocess(Remote Db connection) in the server. But  server is automatically respawning the connection. Can
youplease help  me out in this?

> >>Regards
> >>Srini.
> >>
> >In fact, I think it's not the server that respawn the connection but  simply the client that make a new connection
whenit goes disconnected.  Can't you use any firewall to simply block remote connection on the  postmaster host (or
simplyon the 5432 port)?

> >-- Downloading signature ... 99%
> >*CRC FAILED*
> >signature aborted

Re: How to disconnect client from Server forcefully

От
"bala srini"

Assuming that the enviroment of establishing the connection in client may be anything.  I want to terminate these remote connections from server side.

I referred killing the process in server side. this porcess is corresponding to the client connsction. After killing also, Client will respawn the connection.

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 G u i d o B a r o s i o wrote :
>Also,...
>
>    how does the aplication performs the connection?
>    Describe the enviroment please. (web, perl (Pg) -> db ie)
>
>guido
>

> > > Thanks for ur reply...
> > Actually I can set the tcpipsocket option in postgresql.conf file to false. This will block all further remote connection to my server. But what will happen to already existing remote connection? I want to disconnect this also ..
> >
> > Sorry I can't change the firewall settings...
> >
> > Regards
> > Srini

> > >In fact, I think it's not the server that respawn the connection but  simply the client that make a new connection when it goes disconnected.  Can't you use any firewall to simply block remote connection on the  postmaster host (or simply on the 5432 port)?
> > >

> > >-- Downloading signature ... 99%
> > >*CRC FAILED*
> > >signature aborted

Re: How to disconnect client from Server forcefully

От
"bala srini"

Hi All
  Can anyone help me reg the below mail?

  Assuming the environment is thru the terminal i.e by setting the PGHOST varaible to server machine and then invoking the command "psql" from client machine.

Thanks & Regards
Bala.

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 bala srini wrote :
>Assuming that the enviroment of establishing the connection in client may be anything.  I want to terminate these remote connections from server side.
>
>I referred killing the process in server side. this porcess is corresponding to the client connsction. After killing also, Client will respawn the connection.
>

>On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 G u i d o B a r o s i o wrote :
> >Also,...
> >
> >    how does the aplication performs the connection?
> >    Describe the enviroment please. (web, perl (Pg) -> db ie)
> >
> >guido

> > > Actually I can set the tcpipsocket option in postgresql.conf file to false. This will block all further remote connection to my server. But what will happen to already existing remote connection? I want to disconnect this also ..
> > >
> > > Sorry I can't change the firewall settings...
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Srini

Re: How to disconnect client from Server forcefully

От
Andrew Hammond
Дата: