Обсуждение: PostgreSQL equivalent to MySQL's HEAP tables?

PostgreSQL equivalent to MySQL's HEAP tables?

От
Mitch Pirtle
Дата:
Hi gang,

I have a table with three columns but many rows, that will constantly be
updated and selected.  The MySQL way is to create a HEAP table, or
basically a table that is stored only in RAM.

How shall I do this in PostgreSQL?  Is there a better way?

-- Mitch, loving 8.0.0 beta1

Re: PostgreSQL equivalent to MySQL's HEAP tables?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Mitch Pirtle wrote:
> I have a table with three columns but many rows, that will constantly
> be updated and selected.  The MySQL way is to create a HEAP table, or
> basically a table that is stored only in RAM.
>
> How shall I do this in PostgreSQL?  Is there a better way?

Use a ramdisk.  PostgreSQL only has one storage engine.

--
Peter Eisentraut