Обсуждение: Re: Killing Long running query or user session

Re: Killing Long running query or user session

От
Gaetano Mendola
Дата:
David Ecker wrote:

> How can I kill/stop a long running query or a complete user session using an
> superuser account?
>
> Thx
> David Ecker

At my knowledge you have to kill SIGTERM the backedn that is managing the
connection. Do as super user "select * from pg_stat_activity", look at
the procpid that have to be killed and kill it.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

Re: Killing Long running query or user session

От
Gaetano Mendola
Дата:
David Ecker wrote:

> Is there a posibilty to kick the session through a sql-statement?

NOPE

> Another posibility would be to block access to a database for a set of
> users/groups using sql only. Is there such a command?

You can allow the acces to certain DB to a user and from some IP,
I don't know if this can help you and/or if solve your problem.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

Re: Killing Long running query or user session

От
David Ecker
Дата:
Is there a posibilty to kick the session through a sql-statement? I don't
want to give shell access to the postgreSQL administrator.

Another posibility would be to block access to a database for a set of
users/groups using sql only. Is there such a command?

thx
David Ecker