Обсуждение: Log message: "recycled transaction log file..."

Log message: "recycled transaction log file..."

От
Bill Chandler
Дата:
Hello,

Sorry if this is a too basic or is a FAQ.  I've done
some research but it's still unclear if this is
something I should be concerned about.

Running PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on Solaris 8.  I'm getting a
lot of the following messages in my log file:

LOG: recycled transaction log file "0000000200000003E"

I realize this has something to do with checkpoints
and the WAL.  I'm just not clear on if this is
something I should be concerned about or not.  Could
somebody explain in layman's terms what is going on
here?  Do I need tofix something?  Is this a
performance issue?

thanks in advance,

Bill

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Log message: "recycled transaction log file..."

Дата:
Bill Chandler <billybobc1210@yahoo.com> writes:
> Running PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on Solaris 8.  I'm getting a
> lot of the following messages in my log file:

> LOG: recycled transaction log file "0000000200000003E"

This is normal behavior.  At some point we'll probably knock down the
priority of those messages from LOG to DEBUG ...

            regards, tom lane