Обсуждение: cygwin installation problem (windows platform)

cygwin installation problem (windows platform)

От
"Harry"
Дата:
Hi all,
   I install cygwin in my windows2000 so as to install postgresql. When I
use the postgresql installed together with cygwin, I came into this problem:
   First, I run
      ipc-daemon2 &
   Second, when I try to initialize the database by running the following
command,
      initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
   I got some problem, here are the output
.....(the above step is OK)
creating configuration files... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... Signal 12
initdb: failed
   I download the source code of postgresql (7.4.2) and compile it under the
cygwin and run the above again. The same problem happens. Here are the
output after running initdb.
........( The above is OK)
   creating configuration files... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... FATAL:
semctl(35
, 16, SETVAL, 536) failed: Invalid argument
initdb: failed

  What shall I do with this problem?

Thanks
Harry

Re: cygwin installation problem (windows platform)

От
mike g
Дата:
What version of postgres did you install?  If it is 7.4.2 or later then
you must install the cygserver package and start that.  ipc-daemon2 is
not being used anymore.

Mike
On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 08:00, Harry wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I install cygwin in my windows2000 so as to install postgresql. When I
> use the postgresql installed together with cygwin, I came into this problem:
>    First, I run
>       ipc-daemon2 &
>    Second, when I try to initialize the database by running the following
> command,
>       initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
>    I got some problem, here are the output
> .....(the above step is OK)
> creating configuration files... ok
> creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... Signal 12
> initdb: failed
>    I download the source code of postgresql (7.4.2) and compile it under the
> cygwin and run the above again. The same problem happens. Here are the
> output after running initdb.
> ........( The above is OK)
>    creating configuration files... ok
> creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... FATAL:
> semctl(35
> , 16, SETVAL, 536) failed: Invalid argument
> initdb: failed
>
>   What shall I do with this problem?
>
> Thanks
> Harry

Re: cygwin installation problem (windows platform)

От
"Harry"
Дата:
Hi Mike,