Обсуждение: Re: Corrupted or deleted pg_tables

Re: Corrupted or deleted pg_tables

От
"Curtis Klumas"
Дата:
We have a database that we manage through Webmin and today, the entires for
the databases dissappeared from webmin. Going in through psql we could see
our data in tables still intact, and have a copy of the directory structure.
Is thier anyway to extract data and reconstruct a new database? We tried
pg_dump but had a host of errors.

Curtis Klumas
Randr, Inc.
909-205-9138 (cell)
909-669-3427 (office)
curtis@mail.randrinc.com

Re: Corrupted or deleted pg_tables

Дата:
"Curtis Klumas" <cklumas@mail.randrinc.com> writes:
> We have a database that we manage through Webmin and today, the entires for
> the databases dissappeared from webmin. Going in through psql we could see
> our data in tables still intact, and have a copy of the directory structure.
> Is thier anyway to extract data and reconstruct a new database? We tried
> pg_dump but had a host of errors.

Like what?  The only specific information you've provided here is that
things still work from psql ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Corrupted or deleted pg_tables

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 21:08, Curtis Klumas wrote:

> We have a database that we manage through Webmin and today, the entires for
> the databases dissappeared from webmin. Going in through psql we could see
> our data in tables still intact, and have a copy of the directory structure.
> Is thier anyway to extract data and reconstruct a new database? We tried
> pg_dump but had a host of errors.

My guess is that you have hit xid wrap around. Try vacuuming full
template1 and see if your info starts to reappear. Also watch to see if
it tells you some other db's need vacuum.

Robert Treat