Обсуждение: Postgresql Bulk Loading

Postgresql Bulk Loading

От
"Campano, Troy"

Does Postgresql have a bulk loading utility that allows you to load large amounts of data and doesn’t write to log files (WAL files) ?

I need to load over a gig of data a day and don’t want it to write to logs.

Thank you!

~ Troy Campano ~

Re: Postgresql Bulk Loading

Дата:
Campano, Troy wrote:
> Does Postgresql have a bulk loading utility that allows you to load
> large amounts of data and doesn't write to log files (WAL files) ?
>
> I need to load over a gig of data a day and don't want it to write to
> logs.

No.  We have COPY that does the load quickly, but it does still write
WAL files.  However, those get recycled so it should be fast.