Обсуждение: Postgresql ssl mode

Postgresql ssl mode

От
"Mario Alberto Soto Cordones"
Дата:
Hi... first sorry by my english.

I have installed a postgresql 7.4.2, and when try to up in ssl mode this
not up. then comment the ssl line in postgresql.conf and this start
correctly.

what can do ???

Thank

--
Ing. Mario Soto Cordones
 Venezolana de Avaluos

www.venezolanadeavaluos.com

Re: Postgresql ssl mode

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Mario Alberto Soto Cordones wrote:
> I have installed a postgresql 7.4.2, and when try to up in ssl mode
> this not up. then comment the ssl line in postgresql.conf and this
> start correctly.

Tell us the error messages, then we can maybe help you.

Re: Postgresql ssl mode

От
"Mario Alberto Soto Cordones"
Дата:
Hi don´t say error only not start

Thank

> Mario Alberto Soto Cordones wrote:
>> I have installed a postgresql 7.4.2, and when try to up in ssl mode
>> this not up. then comment the ssl line in postgresql.conf and this
>> start correctly.
>
> Tell us the error messages, then we can maybe help you.

Re: Postgresql ssl mode

От
Mitch Pirtle
Дата:
Hi Mario,

Did you remember to create SSL certificates, place them in your
pgsql/data directory and set permissions on those files?

This is what keeps PG from firing up in SSL mode (on my setup, at least).

HTH,

-- Mitch

Mario Alberto Soto Cordones wrote:

> Hi don´t say error only not start
>
> Thank
>

>>Mario Alberto Soto Cordones wrote:
>>
>>>I have installed a postgresql 7.4.2, and when try to up in ssl mode
>>>this not up. then comment the ssl line in postgresql.conf and this
>>>start correctly.
>>
>>Tell us the error messages, then we can maybe help you.

Re: Postgresql ssl mode

От
"Mario Alberto Soto Cordones"
Дата:
Hi,

the certificate was create in the directori of data, an the permision its
to user postgres.

but the database not start

Thank

Mario

> Hi Mario,
>
> Did you remember to create SSL certificates, place them in your
> pgsql/data directory and set permissions on those files?
>
> This is what keeps PG from firing up in SSL mode (on my setup, at
> least).
>
> HTH,
>
> -- Mitch
>
> Mario Alberto Soto Cordones wrote:
>
>> Hi don´t say error only not start
>>
>> Thank

>>>Tell us the error messages, then we can maybe help you.

> your
>       joining column's datatypes do not match

Re: Postgresql ssl mode

От
Mitch Pirtle
Дата:
Mario Alberto Soto Cordones wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the certificate was create in the directori of data, an the permision its
> to user postgres.
>
> but the database not start

Not sure if this is supposed to go on the list, so send me your
pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf files (off-list).  I believe you have an
error in one of them, and that is your problem with startup.

Moderator:  can we share config files on the list or is that stuff to be
done in private?

-- Mitch

Re: Postgresql ssl mode

От
reina_ga@hotmail.com (Tony Reina)
Дата:
> Hi,
>
> the certificate was create in the directori of data, an the permision its
> to user postgres.
>
> but the database not start

Print the postmaster log file (I think it's $PGDATA/serverlog). It
should tell you specifically why the SSL mode can't start
(permissions/existence/etc).

-Tony