Обсуждение: Restricting Groups / Users

Restricting Groups / Users

От
Hadley Willan
Дата:
Hi,
    I'm running pgsql 7.4.1 and I was wondering if it is possible to restrict users from creating tables.

Basically I want to give some users READ-ONLY access to a majority of the system.

Thanks

Re: Restricting Groups / Users

Дата:
Hadley Willan wrote:
> Hi,
>     I'm running pgsql 7.4.1 and I was wondering if it is possible to
> restrict users from creating tables.
>
> Basically I want to give some users READ-ONLY access to a majority of
> the system.

Yes, you can control permissions on the public schema and the other
schemas.

Re: Restricting Groups / Users

Дата:
> Hadley Willan wrote:
>> I'm running pgsql 7.4.1 and I was wondering if it is possible to
>> restrict users from creating tables.

> Yes, you can control permissions on the public schema and the other
> schemas.

Specifically, revoke their CREATE rights on public (as well as any other
schemas you've created) and revoke their CREATE rights on the database
so they can't create any new schemas to create tables in.

If you are feeling draconian enough to want to prohibit creation of temp
tables as well as regular tables, then also remove TEMP rights at the
database level.  I'm dubious about the usefulness of this though.

            regards, tom lane