Обсуждение: talking to port 5432

talking to port 5432

От
Ernst Roebbers
Дата:
Dear Sirs,

I would like to communicate with the postgres backend
using port 5432 from a small remote machine where only
a socket is available - no application layer.

Do You have any hints where I can find some information
what kind of input the postmaster needs?

best regards,

Ernst Josef Roebbers

Re: talking to port 5432

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Ernst Roebbers wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> I would like to communicate with the postgres backend
> using port 5432 from a small remote machine where only
> a socket is available - no application layer.
>
> Do You have any hints where I can find some information
> what kind of input the postmaster needs?

There are libs to handle that for you that can be compiled into almost any
language, so it's kinda like reinventing the wheel to do it by hand.

What language are you gonna use?

Re: talking to port 5432

От
Mark Lubratt
Дата:
> On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Ernst Roebbers wrote:
>
>> Dear Sirs,
>>
>> I would like to communicate with the postgres backend
>> using port 5432 from a small remote machine where only
>> a socket is available - no application layer.
>>
>> Do You have any hints where I can find some information
>> what kind of input the postmaster needs?

There is a whole chapter on this at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/ .

Go there, select the version you're using and look for Frontend/Backend
Protocol in the Developer's Guide.