Обсуждение: Veritas Filesystem

Veritas Filesystem

От
Trevor Astrope
Дата:
We're planning on using veritas filesystem and volume manager with linux
and an hitachi disk array. I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences
with veritas fs and vm on linux and hitachi both good and bad.

Also, has anyone compared veritas fs with any of the other linux
filesystems, like xfs and jfs, as well as lvm vs the veritas vm...

Thanks a lot,

Trevor

Re: Veritas Filesystem

От
Larry Rosenman

--On Friday, January 30, 2004 09:48:28 -0500 Trevor Astrope
<astrope@tabbweb.com> wrote:

> We're planning on using veritas filesystem and volume manager with linux
> and an hitachi disk array. I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences
> with veritas fs and vm on linux and hitachi both good and bad.
>
> Also, has anyone compared veritas fs with any of the other linux
> filesystems, like xfs and jfs, as well as lvm vs the veritas vm...
>
> Thanks a lot,
I use VxVM on UnixWare, and it's great.  I haven't used the Linux version,
but I assume it's the same.

LER

> Trevor

Re: Veritas Filesystem

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 09:19:24AM -0600, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> I use VxVM on UnixWare, and it's great.  I haven't used the Linux version,
> but I assume it's the same.

I think it's probably a dangerous assumption that Linux versions of a
filesystem are the same as the versions for other systems.
_Similar_, perhaps.  If IBM's jfs on AIX does what it appears to do
on Linux occasionally, I'm going to be one very unhappy camper.

Andrew Sullivan  |
I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
you told them to.  That actually seems sort of quaint now.
        --J.D. Baldwin