Обсуждение: Linux Cluster File Systems

Linux Cluster File Systems

От
Greg Spiegelberg
Дата:
Anyone have good/bad experience using OpenGFS or the Sistina GFS?
Any other cluster file systems out there?

Greg

--
Greg Spiegelberg
  Sr. Product Development Engineer

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

Re: Linux Cluster File Systems

От
"Karl Vogel"
Дата:
In article <40116DA1.7030209@cranel.com>, Greg Spiegelberg wrote:
> Anyone have good/bad experience using OpenGFS or the Sistina GFS?
> Any other cluster file systems out there?

Lustre and CFS spring to mind. CFS is the cluster filesystem layer
of openssi (http://www.openssi.org), which is layered on top of
ext3 and provides the necessary locking. It can work with shared
disk hardware, but I believe 1 node is always responsible for all
transactions. It can fail-over to another node in the cluster, if
that node has direct access to the disk.

You can also use it without shared disk hardware (you loose the HA
ofcourse). That way you can easily test openssi.

Postgresql should work without problems on an OpenSSI cluster.

I don't know much about Lustre (http://www.clusterfs.com)