Обсуждение: can't create db from PHP

can't create db from PHP

От
Enrico Ortmann
Дата:
Hello admins,

I got a strange problem while creating a database FROM PHP:

I connect from SuSE shell via php to a PG-server [7.3.2] using command
$conn = @pg_pconnect("host=db port=5432 user=postgres dbname=template1");
[db is an Alias in /etc/hosts an points to 192.168.0.200]
Then I create a database using command
pg_exec($conn,"CREATE DATABASE dvl_ao_27_beta;");

All works fine!

But when I connect using the IP-adress instead of the alias
$conn = @pg_pconnect("host=192.168.0.200 port=5432 user=postgres dbname=template1");
the handle is valid as well, but then if I want to create the database I got the error
ERROR:  CREATE DATABASE: source database "template1" is being accessed by other users

Does anybody have an idea what goes wrong in case I use the IP?

Enrico Ortmann

Re: can't create db from PHP

Дата:
Enrico Ortmann <pg.admin@radax.net> writes:
> But when I connect using the IP-adress instead of the alias
> $conn = @pg_pconnect("host=192.168.0.200 port=5432 user=postgres dbname=template1");
> the handle is valid as well, but then if I want to create the database I got the error
> ERROR:  CREATE DATABASE: source database "template1" is being accessed by other users

> Does anybody have an idea what goes wrong in case I use the IP?

This message has nothing to do with how you connect.  I suspect you
forgot to disconnect the other connection.

            regards, tom lane