Обсуждение: Quick Question Please

Quick Question Please

От
Terry Hampton
Дата:
    All,

    Seem to be having a brain lock.

    What is the method or syntax to return
    a list of  column names for a given table name ?

    many thanks for your quick help,
    Terry

--
Terry L. Hampton
Program Manager

Re: Quick Question Please

От
Sam Barnett-Cormack
Дата:
In psql, do

\d table_name

It will tell you about all columns, indexes, and constraints.

--

Sam Barnett-Cormack
Software Developer                           |  Student of Physics & Maths

Re: Quick Question Please

От
Sergio Pili
In psql:

\d [table name]

Regards,

Sergio Pili

Re: Quick Question Please

От
Bruno LEVEQUE
A solution :

in psql :

\d YourTable

--
Bruno LEVEQUE
System Engineer

Re: Quick Question Please

От
charlie derr
Дата:
 From a psql prompt:

\d <tablename>

    good luck,
        ~c

--
if i top posted, i probably did it on purpose, and yes i know my lines
might trail out the right end of your mail viewer/client (but only if