Обсуждение: find table name

find table name

От
Ashok Chauhan
Дата:
hi
In postgresql  all databases are stored in /data/base directory in
numbers form and all the related tables with that database are stored in
that directory again in numbers form.
so there is any command or query to see the original table names.
just like:-  select * from pg_stat_database; for databases.

thank you
have a nice day.

Re: find table name

От
greg@turnstep.com
Дата:

Re: find table name

От
Thierry Missimilly
Дата:
Hi the list,

I used to run oid2name to find the relation between database names and
.../data/base/<dir> but i'm interested also to identify relation between table
names, index names and files number as would try to decrease Wait I/O by
setting tables on one disk and indexes on another one.
The tables pg_class and pg_index do not give the symbolic name with the
"numbers".

Thierry Missimilly.