Обсуждение: Problem with compilation 7.3.4

Problem with compilation 7.3.4

От
jacek
Дата:
When i try to configure postgres before compilation returned errors:

[wolk@Lucutus postgresql-7.3.4]$ ./configure --infodir=/usr/share/info
configure: error: unrecognized option: --infodir=/usr/share/info
Try `./configure --help' for more information.

The infodir option is present in ./configure script
postgres release 7.3.4

What is wrong?

jacek
wolk@jablko.one.pl

Re: Problem with compilation 7.3.4

От
Peter Eisentraut
jacek writes:

> [wolk@Lucutus postgresql-7.3.4]$ ./configure --infodir=/usr/share/info
> configure: error: unrecognized option: --infodir=/usr/share/info
> Try `./configure --help' for more information.

There is no info documentation, so you don't need this option.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: Problem with compilation 7.3.4

>> configure: error: unrecognized option: --infodir=/usr/share/info
>> Try `./configure --help' for more information.

> There is no info documentation, so you don't need this option.

Someone was complaining about this just recently.  We don't need the
option and don't have it implemented, but configure --help advertises
it anyway (and fails to advertise the --docdir option that we do have).
Can that be fixed?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Problem with compilation 7.3.4

От
jacek
Дата:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:42:02 +0100 (CET)
Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> jacek writes:
>
> > [wolk@Lucutus postgresql-7.3.4]$ ./configure --infodir=/usr/share/info
> > configure: error: unrecognized option: --infodir=/usr/share/info
> > Try `./configure --help' for more information.
>
> There is no info documentation, so you don't need this option.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Thank's for help. I turn this off and all was ok.
jacek