Обсуждение: Authentication Problems

Authentication Problems

От
"Epps, Aaron M."
Дата:
Here's my config file...

pg_hba.conf
local    all    all    trust

PostgreSQL Users...
test=# \du
              List of database users
 User name | User ID |         Attributes
-----------+---------+----------------------------
 aaron     |     100 | superuser, create database
 postgres  |       1 | superuser, create database
 testing   |     101 |

Databases...
[aaron@r0070671 aaron]$ psql -l
          List of databases
     Name      |  Owner   | Encoding
---------------+----------+-----------
 aaron         | aaron    | SQL_ASCII
 issue-tracker | aaron    | SQL_ASCII
 template0     | postgres | SQL_ASCII
 template1     | postgres | SQL_ASCII
 test          | aaron    | SQL_ASCII
(5 rows)

why when I run the following command does authentication fail (Yes, password is correct)?

[aaron@r0070671 aaron]$ psql test -U testing -W
Password:
psql: FATAL:  IDENT authentication failed for user "testing"

[aaron@r0070671 aaron]$

Re: Authentication Problems

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Epps, Aaron M. writes:

> pg_hba.conf
> local    all    all    trust

> why when I run the following command does authentication fail (Yes, password is correct)?

You don't need a password in this setup.

> [aaron@r0070671 aaron]$ psql test -U testing -W
> Password:
> psql: FATAL:  IDENT authentication failed for user "testing"

Are you sure you're connecting to the right server?  Did you restart or
HUP the server after you have changed the configuration file?

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net