Обсуждение: SELECT COUNT(*)... returns 0 ROWS

SELECT COUNT(*)... returns 0 ROWS

От
"PostgreSQL"
Дата:
I have instaled Postgres 7.3.4 on RH 9,
if I excecute:

select count(*) from cj_tranh;
 count
-------
     0
(1 row)

Why the result us CERO? the table have 1.400.000 rows!
What is wrong? Anybody help please.

Re: SELECT COUNT(*)... returns 0 ROWS

От
Jeff
Дата:
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:33:09 -0600
"PostgreSQL" <postgres@coopelesca.co.cr> wrote:

> I have instaled Postgres 7.3.4 on RH 9,
> if I excecute:
>
> select count(*) from cj_tranh;
>  count
> -------
>      0
> (1 row)
>
> Why the result us CERO? the table have 1.400.000 rows!
> What is wrong? Anybody help please.

1. did you remember to load data?
2. did someone accidentally delete the data?
3. are you connected to the correct db (I've panic'd before but realized
I was on dev, not production!)?
4. sure that is the right table?

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/

Re: SELECT COUNT(*)... returns 0 ROWS

Дата:
Jeff <threshar@torgo.978.org> writes:
> "PostgreSQL" <postgres@coopelesca.co.cr> wrote:
>> Why the result us CERO? the table have 1.400.000 rows!

> 1. did you remember to load data?
> 2. did someone accidentally delete the data?
> 3. are you connected to the correct db (I've panic'd before but realized
> I was on dev, not production!)?
> 4. sure that is the right table?

I'm wondering about MVCC-related conditions, which adds a couple
more questions:

5. Did you actually commit the transaction that loaded the rows?
6. Are you doing the SELECT COUNT(*) in a transaction that started
   before the data-loading transaction committed?

            regards, tom lane

Re: SELECT COUNT(*)... returns 0 ROWS

От
"PostgreSQL"
Дата:
Thank to all

I was in the WRONG database. Sorry, and thanks!