Обсуждение: Partial/interrupted VACUUM FULL?

Partial/interrupted VACUUM FULL?

От
Jeff Boes
Дата:
We have a pretty large table with many deleted rows. A normal VACUUM of
this table now takes over an hour. I'd like to run a full VACUUM to
recover the mostly wasted space, but I know it will take several hours.
Can I do a VACUUM FULL for a while, and interrupt it (CTRL-C at the psql
prompt) without undoing its progress?

--
Jeff Boes                                      vox 269.226.9550 ext 24
Database Engineer                                     fax 269.349.9076

Re: Partial/interrupted VACUUM FULL?

Дата:
Jeff Boes <jboes@nexcerpt.com> writes:
> Can I do a VACUUM FULL for a while, and interrupt it (CTRL-C at the psql
> prompt) without undoing its progress?

No.  You can safely interrupt it, but you won't have accomplished
anything if you do.

            regards, tom lane