Обсуждение: Need PGSQL ODBC Driver for Solaris

Need PGSQL ODBC Driver for Solaris

От
David Wagoner

Can anyone tell me where to find a PostgreSQL ODBC driver for Solaris that I can use to share data with an Oracle database?

Any suggestions or links to docs appreciated.

Best regards,

David B. Wagoner
Database Administrator
Arsenal Digital Solutions
Web: http://www.arsenaldigital.com

<<...OLE_Obj...>>

The contents of this e-mail message may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, dissemination, copying, distribution or other use of the contents of this message or any attachment by you is strictly prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail or by telephone (919-466-6700), and please delete this message and all attachments from your system.
Thank you.

Re: Need PGSQL ODBC Driver for Solaris

От
Jeff
Дата:
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:01:54 -0400
David Wagoner <dwagoner@arsenaldigital.com> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where to find a PostgreSQL ODBC driver for Solaris
> that I can use to share data with an Oracle database?
>
> Any suggestions or links to docs appreciated.

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/projdisplay.php

It compiles on solaris for me anyway.

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/

Re: Need PGSQL ODBC Driver for Solaris

От
David Wagoner
Дата:
Jeff,

Thanks, I saw that page but thought is was only for Windows since it said Win32.  But, I'll try it on Solaris and see what happens.

Best regards,

David B. Wagoner
Database Administrator
Arsenal Digital Solutions
Web: http://www.arsenaldigital.com

"the most trusted source for
            STORAGE MANAGEMENT SERVICES"

[...]

"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
If you need a generic client side ODBC for unix, look also at
www.iodbc.org.  Nice little LGPL odbc driver, we use it to connect to
non-pgsql databases at work and it's quite stable.

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, David Wagoner wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Thanks, I saw that page but thought is was only for Windows since it said
> Win32.  But, I'll try it on Solaris and see what happens.
>

> Best regards,
>
> David B. Wagoner
> Database Administrator
> Arsenal Digital Solutions
> Web: http://www.arsenaldigital.com <http://www.arsenaldigital.com/>
>
> "the most trusted source for
>             STORAGE MANAGEMENT SERVICES"
>

> The contents of this e-mail message may be privileged and/or confidential.
> If you are not the intended recipient, any review, dissemination, copying,
> distribution or other use of the contents of this message or any attachment
> by you is strictly prohibited. If you receive this communication in error,
> please notify us immediately by return e-mail or by telephone
> (919-466-6700), and please delete this message and all attachments from your
> system.
> Thank you.

Дата:
> On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, David Wagoner wrote:
>
> > Jeff,
> >
> > Thanks, I saw that page but thought is was only for Windows since it
> > said Win32.  But, I'll try it on Solaris and see what happens.

You'll need to download source and compile it yoruself.

*WARNING* it is *NOT* threadsafe on unix.
it is threadsafe on windows.