Обсуждение: export data from excel to postges

export data from excel to postges

От
"Lee Weaver"
Дата:
Could someone please tell me where I could find info on exporting excel data into postgresql, or how to do it.  Thanks!

Re: export data from excel to postges

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 15:13:40 +0900,
  Lee Weaver <lee@teczasky.ne.jp> wrote:
> Could someone please tell me where I could find info on exporting excel data
> into postgresql, or how to do it.  Thanks!

If you export your excel data into tab separated data files (one for
each table), then it will be relatively easy to import it into
postgres using the copy command.

Re: export data from excel to postges

От
Ge'mes Ge'za
Lee Weaver írta:
Could someone please tell me where I could find info on exporting excel data into postgresql, or how to do it.  Thanks!

Try to save your data from excel in csv format and then use a COPY to load it to a previously created table.

Good Luck!

Geza Gemes

Re: export data from excel to postges

От
Geoffrey
Дата:
THere are perl modules to export excel.  I've never used them, can't
vouch for their accuracy.  That said, perl could do your export and
input to the db via dbi/dbd.

--
Until later, Geoffrey    esoteric@3times25.net

Re: export data from excel to postges

От
"Mubeen Munawar"

You can use MsAccess

Could someone please tell me where I could find info on exporting excel data into postgresql, or how to do it.  Thanks!

This email and any files transmitted with it is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender or mailto:e-help@ubl.com.pk. The message and attachment, if any, has been scanned for all known viruses, however we advice the recipient to check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses, UBL accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.24/9/2003