Обсуждение: PK and FK relation ship

PK and FK relation ship

От
shyamperi@davlin.co.in
Дата:
Can any one tell me when would a primary key be refered to as foreign key in
its own table.

-----
Warm Regards
Shÿam Peri

II Floor, Punja Building,
M.G.Road,
Ballalbagh,
Mangalore-575003
Ph : 91-824-2451001/5
Fax : 91-824-2451050

DISCLAIMER: This message contains privileged and confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named.If you are not the intended
recipient you should not disseminate,distribute,store,print, copy or
deliver this message.Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if
you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from
your system.
Вложения

Re: PK and FK relation ship

От
Peter Childs
Дата:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 shyamperi@davlin.co.in wrote:

> Can any one tell me when would a primary key be refered to as foreign key in
> its own table.

    Simple Trees.

    If you need a parent child relationship the simplest way of
expressing it is to have a parent columnn and store the parent key in it.
If its null it must be the root.
    Its really quite good for finding parents and children of a
record. (Children are "SELECT * from table where parent=<n.id>`;" parent
is "SELECT * from table where id=<n.parent>;")
    Could also be used for storing a linked list or double linked
list.
    Find any standard algorithims book and try and implement the lot
in a database. (Its not easy as SQL has a lot of missing features that
even C, C++ or even VB has!)

Peter Childs