Обсуждение: How to create schema-specific users?

How to create schema-specific users?

От
Tom Gordon
Дата:
I'm missing something.  How do I create a user that is just for a specific schema, and not a global user?  I see in the docs how to create schemas and users, but not a schema-specific user.

Thanks,
Tom Gordon

Re: How to create schema-specific users?

От
"Gaetano Mendola"
Дата:
"Tom Gordon" <tom@farechase.com> wrote:
> I'm missing something.  How do I create a user that is just for a specific
> schema, and not a global user?  I see in the docs how to create schemas
and
> users, but not a schema-specific user.

The only think that you can do is specify on your pg_hba.conf file the
databases
that the user can connect to.
If you run Postgres 7.3.X these line are an example to add to your
pg_hba.conf file:

host   <your_db>       <user>   <host-source>    <netmask>  password

of course this line is valid only for remote connection, for local
connection:

local  <your_db>       <user>
trust

Refer to the PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide, chapter "Client
Authentication" for
a complete description.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

Re: How to create schema-specific users?

От
Michał Małecki
Дата:
Dnia 03-09-09 16:22, Użytkownik Tom Gordon napisał:
> I'm missing something.  How do I create a user that is just for a
> specific schema, and not a global user?  I see in the docs how to create
> schemas and users, but not a schema-specific user.
Users, as well as roles aka groups are non-schema objects (they can own
other objects and mat be granted rights to other objects). What
particular functionality would you like to achieve using a user being
part of some other user's schema (except the ability to have multiple
separate namespaces for usernames)?

--
  _______
|  |||||| Michal Malecki, system analyst