Обсуждение: Connection Timeout

Connection Timeout

От
"Anagha Joshi"

I’m using PSQL-7.2.4 on Solaries.

Consider the following:

I opened 5 connections to the Postgres Server and did not use those connections at all.i.e. I did not perform any activity on the any databases.

What happens to those connections? Are they still Active after long duration? Or any session timeout related parameter has to be configured?

Pls. help.

Thx. In advance,

Anagha

Re: Connection Timeout

Дата:
"Anagha Joshi" <ajoshi@nulinkinc.com> writes:
> Consider the following:
> I opened 5 connections to the Postgres Server and did not use those
> connections at all.i.e. I did not perform any activity on the any
> databases.
> What happens to those connections? Are they still Active after long
> duration? Or any session timeout related parameter has to be configured?

There is no connection timeout.  I do not believe there should be one,
at least not on the server side.

We do use "TCP keepalive" mode, which means that if a remote machine
stops being contactable, connections from it will be closed after a
timeout.  But that doesn't apply for local connections.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Connection Timeout

От
"Joe"
Дата:
I think the connections are kept alive all long.