Обсуждение: Adding PL/Perl

Adding PL/Perl

От
Charles Haron
Дата:
Hello,

When I attempt to run "createlang plperlu test" I get the following error.

ERROR:  stat failed on file '$libdir/plperl': No such file or directory
createlang: language installation failed

I assuming that this error is because I didn't provide the configure
option --with-perl.

If simply do the following, will all of my current settings & databases
be left intact?

./configure --with-perl
gmake
su
gmake install

I'm using 7.3.2

Thanks,
Chuck

Re: Adding PL/Perl

От
"A.Bhuvaneswaran"

> ERROR:  stat failed on file '$libdir/plperl': No such file or directory
> createlang: language installation failed

Locate the file plperl.so and create the language with appropriate -L
option.  Moreover, it may be solved by re-compiling. Before re-compling
instead of blindly giving --with-perl option alone, get to know the
configuration parameters of your current installation. It can be done
using 'pg_config --configure'.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran