Обсуждение: Documentation of Concepts

Documentation of Concepts

От
Dani Oderbolz
Дата:
Hi everybody,
maybe you have followed the tread before about migratiing from Oracle
to Postgres. In there I quoted a Document from Oracle called
"Oracle Concepts". In there, Oracle explains exactly, what goes on
under the hood of Oracle.
(Like How they handle concurrency, locking...)
Is there such a document for Postgres already?
Cheers,
Dani

Re: Documentation of Concepts

Дата:
There are some papers on the PostgreSQL web site, in the developers
section, and of course there is the source code, plus some stuff in the
admin docs.

Dani Oderbolz wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> maybe you have followed the tread before about migratiing from Oracle
> to Postgres. In there I quoted a Document from Oracle called
> "Oracle Concepts". In there, Oracle explains exactly, what goes on
> under the hood of Oracle.
> (Like How they handle concurrency, locking...)
> Is there such a document for Postgres already?
> Cheers,
> Dani

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Documentation of Concepts

От
Renney Thomas
Дата:
You will find it in the following links. It may not be as polished as
Oracle's books, but still good.

http://developer.postgresql.org/

    * Flowchart of the PostgreSQL backend
      <http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/pgsql/src/tools/backend/index.html>