Обсуждение: MAX CONNECTIONS PROBLEM

MAX CONNECTIONS PROBLEM

От
"Mario Alberto Soto Cordones"
Дата:
Hi all. i have a big problem with the max-connections parameter.

the default it´s 32 but i increase to 200. shutdown the machine and
restart, but nothing.

not work, i need more than 32 almost to 200 connections but not work

have a postgresql 7.3 and redhat 8.0

thank

Re: MAX CONNECTIONS PROBLEM

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 12:07:03PM -0400, Mario Alberto Soto Cordones wrote:
> Hi all. i have a big problem with the max-connections parameter.
>
> the default it?s 32 but i increase to 200. shutdown the machine and
> restart, but nothing.

I suspect you need to reconfigure your kernel.  What errors do you
get when you try 200 connections?  (You shouldn't need to shut down
the machine for _that_, just for reconfiguring.)

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

Re: MAX CONNECTIONS PROBLEM

От
Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Дата:
On Friday 25 Apr 2003 3:00 am, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 12:07:03PM -0400, Mario Alberto Soto Cordones wrote:
> > Hi all. i have a big problem with the max-connections parameter.
> >
> > the default it?s 32 but i increase to 200. shutdown the machine and
> > restart, but nothing.
>
> I suspect you need to reconfigure your kernel.

reconfigure kernel ??
why you think so

Regds
mallah.

What errors do you
> get when you try 200 connections?  (You shouldn't need to shut down
> the machine for _that_, just for reconfiguring.)

Rajesh Kumar Mallah,
Project Manager (Development)
Infocom Network Limited, New Delhi
phone: +91(11)6152172 (221) (L) ,9811255597 (M)

Visit http://www.trade-india.com ,
India's Leading B2B eMarketplace.

Re: MAX CONNECTIONS PROBLEM

От
Sean Chittenden
Дата:
> > > Hi all. i have a big problem with the max-connections parameter.
> > >
> > > the default it?s 32 but i increase to 200. shutdown the machine
> > > and restart, but nothing.
> >
> > I suspect you need to reconfigure your kernel.
>
> reconfigure kernel ??
> why you think so

Lack of shared memory allocated, limits being too low, etc.  Can be
any one of a number of reasons but those are the most likely in this case.

-sc

--
Sean Chittenden

Re: MAX CONNECTIONS PROBLEM

От
Дата:

>> > I suspect you need to reconfigure your kernel.
>>
>> reconfigure kernel ??
>> why you think so
>
> Lack of shared memory allocated, limits being too low, etc.  Can be any one of a number of
> reasons but those are the most likely in this case.

Actually his problem is solved he kindly allowed me to login
and examine.

The problem was hiz shared_buffers were 64 and we wanted
max_connections to be 200 so shared_buffers were falling short.
the postmaster was ritely complaining ,  but the brain dead RPM packages
put  redirect messages to  /dev/null

:(

regds
mallah.