Обсуждение: DATESTYLE setting

DATESTYLE setting

От
Erwin Ambrosch
Дата:
Hi,

I've run postgresql and the default datestyle is
"DateStyle is ISO with US (NonEuropean) conventions".
I would like to have the default datestyle to be
"DateStyle is ISO with European conventions".

Is it possible to set the datestyle for an already set up Database.
As I know I can set the datestyle on a per connection basis, but I
need the default datestyle to be changed.

Thanks in advance
Erwin

Re: DATESTYLE setting

От
"A.Bhuvaneswaran"
Дата:
> I've run postgresql and the default datestyle is
> "DateStyle is ISO with US (NonEuropean) conventions".
> I would like to have the default datestyle to be
> "DateStyle is ISO with European conventions".

If 7.3, add the below line in postgresql.conf and restart postmaster,
datestyle = 'iso, european'

regards,
bhuvaneswaran

Re: DATESTYLE setting

От
Erwin Ambrosch
Дата:
On Tuesday 08 April 2003 12:56, A.Bhuvaneswaran wrote:
> > I've run postgresql and the default datestyle is
> > "DateStyle is ISO with US (NonEuropean) conventions".
> > I would like to have the default datestyle to be
> > "DateStyle is ISO with European conventions".
>
> If 7.3, add the below line in postgresql.conf and restart
> postmaster, datestyle = 'iso, european'

Thaks for the quik answer. Do you also know a solution for 7.2 and
7.1?

> regards,
> bhuvaneswaran

> broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our
> extensive FAQ?

Re: DATESTYLE setting

Дата:
Erwin Ambrosch <naus.office@aon.at> writes:
> Thaks for the quik answer. Do you also know a solution for 7.2 and
> 7.1?

Set PGDATESTYLE environment variable for postmaster.

            regards, tom lane