Обсуждение: Vacuumdb

Vacuumdb

От
Raquel Vieira
Дата:
I'm using PostgreSQL 7.0.3.
I'm doing vacuumdb in my database every night to repair it. But now I have a
problem. I'm looking in /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/ for the tables length and
the primary keys of the tables are not cleaned and is increasing evey day.
What can I do to clean it?
Thank you for the help.

Raquel Vieira

Re: Vacuumdb

От
"A.Bhuvaneswaran"
Дата:
> I'm using PostgreSQL 7.0.3.
> I'm doing vacuumdb in my database every night to repair it. But now I have a
> problem. I'm looking in /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/ for the tables length and
> the primary keys of the tables are not cleaned and is increasing evey day.
> What can I do to clean it?
> Thank you for the help.

If you mean hard disk space consumption, you might have to run vacuum
full.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran

Re: Vacuumdb

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 00:13, A.Bhuvaneswaran wrote:
> > I'm using PostgreSQL 7.0.3.
> > I'm doing vacuumdb in my database every night to repair it. But now I have a
> > problem. I'm looking in /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/ for the tables length and
> > the primary keys of the tables are not cleaned and is increasing evey day.
> > What can I do to clean it?
> > Thank you for the help.
>
> If you mean hard disk space consumption, you might have to run vacuum
> full.

Actually the vacuum in 7.0.3 is a vacuum full. I'm guessing the problem
is really index bloat, try dropping and recreating some of your indexes.
After that you need to seriously look at upgrading.

Robert Treat