Обсуждение: Which files does PostgreSQL need from initscripts RPM?

Which files does PostgreSQL need from initscripts RPM?

От
P G
Дата:
Does anyone know which files PostgreSQL 7.3.2 requires
from the initscripts RPM?  I am trying to build and
install the database from the source RPM on a Cobalt
RAQ550, but Cobalt does not use initscripts and it is
not a simple matter of installing the initscripts RPM
on the system to make everything work, because I do
not want to stomp on anything already on the system.
So far I have been able to track down that PostgreSQL
is using /sbin/initlog from the initscripts RPM.  Does
anyone know which, if any, other files are used from
the initscripts RPM?

TIA.

http://platinum.yahoo.com

Re: Which files does PostgreSQL need from initscripts RPM?

Дата:
P G <pg_dba@yahoo.com> writes:
> Does anyone know which files PostgreSQL 7.3.2 requires
> from the initscripts RPM?  I am trying to build and
> install the database from the source RPM on a Cobalt
> RAQ550, but Cobalt does not use initscripts and it is
> not a simple matter of installing the initscripts RPM
> on the system to make everything work, because I do
> not want to stomp on anything already on the system.

You'd probably be best off not to try using the RPM distribution at all.
Get the source tarball and configure/build for yourself.  The RPM distro
isn't intended to be configurable enough to let you install it "out of
the way".

            regards, tom lane

Re: Which files does PostgreSQL need from initscripts RPM?

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Friday 21 March 2003 18:16, P G wrote:
> Does anyone know which files PostgreSQL 7.3.2 requires
> from the initscripts RPM?

/etc/rc.d/init.d/functions is required.  Also the whole structure of System V
init is required by that script.

>  I am trying to build and
> install the database from the source RPM on a Cobalt
> RAQ550, but Cobalt does not use initscripts

???  What is in use on the Cobalt system?  How are system services started
from /etc/inittab?

> So far I have been able to track down that PostgreSQL
> is using /sbin/initlog from the initscripts RPM.  Does
> anyone know which, if any, other files are used from
> the initscripts RPM?

The /sbin/initlog program is called from /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions.  This
script is also part of the initscripts package.  /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql
doesn't directly call initlog; something is awry in the setup of your system
somewhere.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio