Обсуждение: How to compile contribs ...

How to compile contribs ...

От
Daniel Rubio
Дата:
Hi

Could anybody help on how to compile the contribs?

I've to copy them anywhere?
How I do it?

I've tried to run the make from the contrib directory but it fails ...
Daniel Rubio Rodríguez
OASI (Organisme Autònom Per la Societat de la Informació)
c/ Assalt, 12
43003 - Tarragona
Tef.: 977.244.007 - Fax: 977.224.517
e-mail: drubio@oasi.org

Re: How to compile contribs ...

От
"A.Bhuvaneswaran"
Дата:
> Could anybody help on how to compile the contribs?
>
> I've to copy them anywhere?
> How I do it?

The README in corresponding contrib module must be of much help. If not,
get back with the name of contrib module which you have tried.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran

Re: How to compile contribs ...

От
Daniel Rubio
Дата:
> The README in corresponding contrib module must be of much help. If not,
> get back with the name of contrib module which you have tried.

I know that README usually helps, but this is not the case for me : (

I need to compile dbsize ...

> regards,
> bhuvaneswaran

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Daniel Rubio Rodríguez
OASI (Organisme Autònom Per la Societat de la Informació)
c/ Assalt, 12
43003 - Tarragona
Tef.: 977.244.007 - Fax: 977.224.517
e-mail: drubio@oasi.org

Re: How to compile contribs ...

От
"A.Bhuvaneswaran"
Дата:
> I know that README usually helps, but this is not the case for me : (
>
> I need to compile dbsize ...

It is fine in your machine.

Ok. Forward the below details:
a. System details
b. Postgresql version
c. Exact failure message

regards,
bhuvaneswaran

Re: How to compile contribs ...

От
Daniel Rubio
Дата:
> a. System details

SPARC Solaris 6

> b. Postgresql version

7.3.2

> c. Exact failure message

make: Fatal error in reader: ../../src/Makefile.global, line 23: Illegal
dependencies for target `.SILENT'

> regards,
> bhuvaneswaran

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Daniel Rubio Rodríguez
OASI (Organisme Autònom Per la Societat de la Informació)
c/ Assalt, 12
43003 - Tarragona
Tef.: 977.244.007 - Fax: 977.224.517
e-mail: drubio@oasi.org

Re: How to compile contribs ...

Дата:
Daniel Rubio <drubior@tinet.org> writes:
>> c. Exact failure message

> make: Fatal error in reader: ../../src/Makefile.global, line 23: Illegal
> dependencies for target `.SILENT'

I'm betting that you are not using gmake (GNU make).  The PG makefiles
mostly don't work on vendor-supplied makes.

            regards, tom lane