Обсуждение: problem with "DROP TABLE" ..

problem with "DROP TABLE" ..

От
Дата:
Hi ,

i get following error when attempting to drop a table.

tradein_clients=# DROP TABLE branding_master;
ERROR:  DropTrigger: relation branding_nob_bak has reltriggers = 0
tradein_clients=#

can anyone suggest what might be the problem?

regds
mallah.

   "India's Leading B2B eMarketplace.!"
http://www.trade-india.com/

Re: problem with "DROP TABLE" ..

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 mallah@trade-india.com wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> i get following error when attempting to drop a table.
>
> tradein_clients=# DROP TABLE branding_master;
> ERROR:  DropTrigger: relation branding_nob_bak has reltriggers = 0
> tradein_clients=#

Did you make any direct changes to the pg_class row or to the pg_triggers
rows associated with this table?

Re: problem with 'DROP TABLE' ..

yep there is a mismatch .
shud i delete the entries from pg_trigger to match reltriggers
i am sure i dont' need those triggers.

regds
mallah.

tradein_clients=# SELECT relfilenode,relkind,reltriggers from pg_class where
relname='branding_master'; relfilenode | relkind | reltriggers
-------------+---------+-------------
    46979870 | r       |           0
    48724633 | v       |           0
(2 rows)

tradein_clients=# SELECT count(*) from pg_trigger where tgrelid=46979870;
 count
-------
     9
(1 row)

tradein_clients=#

> On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 mallah@trade-india.com wrote:
>

>> Hi ,
>>
>> i get following error when attempting to drop a table.
>>
>> tradein_clients=# DROP TABLE branding_master;
>> ERROR:  DropTrigger: relation branding_nob_bak has reltriggers = 0 tradein_clients=#
>
> Did you make any direct changes to the pg_class row or to the pg_triggers rows associated with
> this table?

   "India's Leading B2B eMarketplace.!"
http://www.trade-india.com/

Re: problem with 'DROP TABLE' ..

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 mallah@trade-india.com wrote:

> yep there is a mismatch .
> shud i delete the entries from pg_trigger to match reltriggers
> i am sure i dont' need those triggers.

Hmm, I was going to just say yes, but then realized that if any
of those are foreign key triggers, you'll need to drop both the
triggers on this table and the associated triggers on the other
table(s).

Re: problem with 'DROP TABLE' ..

От
Дата: