Обсуждение: postgresql mysql max connections

postgresql mysql max connections

От
Jose Antonio Martinez
Дата:
In mysql there are two configuration parameters for
limiting connections:

         max_user_connections
         max_connections

the first limits the number of concurrent connexions
from a same user, is there an equivalent in
postgresql?

Postgresql seems to limit only the total number of
connexions with the parameter 'max_connections'
(postgresql.conf)

thanks.

Yahoo! Móviles
Personaliza tu móvil con tu logo y melodía favorito
en http://moviles.yahoo.es

Re: postgresql mysql max connections

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
There is no equivilant setting in postgresql, though this doesn't seem
like a terribly hard feature to add. You might want to submit a proposal
on -hackers, or better yet, a patch. :-)

Robert Treat

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 13:36, Jose Antonio Martinez wrote:
> In mysql there are two configuration parameters for
> limiting connections:
>
>          max_user_connections
>          max_connections
>
> the first limits the number of concurrent connexions
> from a same user, is there an equivalent in
> postgresql?
>
> Postgresql seems to limit only the total number of
> connexions with the parameter 'max_connections'
> (postgresql.conf)
>
> thanks.

Re: postgresql mysql max connections

Дата:
I think the big question is where there is any value in limiting the
number of connections "per user".  I haven't seen anyone ask for that
before, so I haven't seen much demand for it.

Robert Treat wrote:
> There is no equivilant setting in postgresql, though this doesn't seem
> like a terribly hard feature to add. You might want to submit a proposal
> on -hackers, or better yet, a patch. :-)
>
> Robert Treat
>
> On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 13:36, Jose Antonio Martinez wrote:
> > In mysql there are two configuration parameters for
> > limiting connections:
> >
> >          max_user_connections
> >          max_connections
> >
> > the first limits the number of concurrent connexions
> > from a same user, is there an equivalent in
> > postgresql?
> >
> > Postgresql seems to limit only the total number of
> > connexions with the parameter 'max_connections'
> > (postgresql.conf)
> >
> > thanks.

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: postgresql mysql max connections

От
"Bjoern Metzdorf"
Дата:
> I think the big question is where there is any value in limiting the
> number of connections "per user".  I haven't seen anyone ask for that
> before, so I haven't seen much demand for it.

This is important in a hosting environment where you have a shared
db-server. Then you can limit the connections for each customer and a single
customer is not able to get all connections, thus denying access for other
customers.

Regards,
Bjoern

Re: postgresql mysql max connections

От
"Jose Antonio Martinez"
Дата:
yes, i am thinking about installing and configuring postgresql in a contest
of shared db-server. I think postgresql has more funcionalities than mysql
( trigger, sql92, ...) but ...

mysql seems to be more configurable for shared db server and is implementing
more and more funcionalities (most beta at the moment).

is there any value for limiting the  number of connections "per user" in
postgresql?