Обсуждение: Database server time zone

Database server time zone

От
"d ravipati"
Дата:
Hi,
Is there any command to find database server local time zone
alone.

SHOW TIME ZONE  just displays database servers local time zone.
But I need to hold output of SHOW TIME ZONE in a variable, to
convert the input given in GMT to database server time zone.
Is there any other way to get database server time zone?
Thanks
Devi

Re: Database server time zone

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 10:58:24 -0000,
  d  ravipati <devrpp@rediffmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any command to find database server local time zone
> alone.
>
> SHOW TIME ZONE  just displays database servers local time zone.
> But I need to hold output of SHOW TIME ZONE in a variable, to
> convert the input given in GMT to database server time zone.
> Is there any other way to get database server time zone?
> Thanks
> Devi

If the input timestamp includes a timezone specification indicating GMT,
you shouldn't have to do anything. If the timestamp is a string without
timezone information, you should be able to manipulate the string to
indicate that it is GMT.