Обсуждение: Is There any function to get Difference of Dates

Is There any function to get Difference of Dates

От
"shreedhar"
Дата:
Hi All,

Is There any function to get Difference of Dates.

Here tdate is of type timestamp

If I tried

select * from temptbldate WHERE (EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM TIMESTAMP 'now()')  -
EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM TIMESTAMP tdate)  )/ 86400 < 2
I got error as 'Parse error at tdate'

select * from temptbldate WHERE (EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM TIMESTAMP 'now()')  -
EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM TIMESTAMP 'tdate')  )/ 86400 < 2
If I use 'tdate',  I got 'bad timestamp external representation 'tdate',
Probably it might be taking 'tdate' as string.

How can I use epoch to get difference of two dates.

Regards,
Sreedhar

"Faith, faith, faith in ourselves, faith, faith in God, this is the secret
of greatness.
If you have faith in all the three hundred and thirty millions of your
mythological gods,
and in all the gods which foreigners have now and again introduced into your
midst,
and still have no faith in yourselves, there is no salvation for you. "
(III. 190)

Re: Is There any function to get Difference of Dates

От
"shreedhar"
Дата:
Hi All,

I got solution from the following link.
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/faqdatesintervals.php

Thanks,
Sreedhar

> Is There any function to get Difference of Dates.
>
> Here tdate is of type timestamp
>
> If I tried
>
> select * from temptbldate WHERE (EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM TIMESTAMP 'now()')  -
> EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM TIMESTAMP tdate)  )/ 86400 < 2
> I got error as 'Parse error at tdate'
>
> select * from temptbldate WHERE (EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM TIMESTAMP 'now()')  -
> EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM TIMESTAMP 'tdate')  )/ 86400 < 2
> If I use 'tdate',  I got 'bad timestamp external representation 'tdate',
> Probably it might be taking 'tdate' as string.
>
> How can I use epoch to get difference of two dates.
>
> Regards,
> Sreedhar
>

> "Faith, faith, faith in ourselves, faith, faith in God, this is the secret
> of greatness.
> If you have faith in all the three hundred and thirty millions of your
> mythological gods,
> and in all the gods which foreigners have now and again introduced into
your
> midst,
> and still have no faith in yourselves, there is no salvation for you. "
> (III. 190)

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: Is There any function to get Difference of Dates

От
"Rajesh Kumar Mallah."

what abt:

 select * from temptbldate WHERE current_date - date(tdate) < CAST ('2 days' AS INTERVAL) ;

?

regds
mallah.

--
Rajesh Kumar Mallah,
Project Manager (Development)

Visit http://www.trade-india.com ,
India's Leading B2B eMarketplace.

Re: Is There any function to get Difference of Dates

От
Steve Crawford
Дата:
Have you tried age(now(), tdate)? Or just:
.....where now()-tdate < '2 days'

Cheers,
Steve